TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The Marquee Company of Worcestershire Ltd
In these conditions The Marquee Company of Worcestershire Ltd is called “The Company” and any individual, firm, company or other person with whom the Company contracts is called “The Customer”.
- PAYMENT TERMS
- a) A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to confirm the order.
- b) Final payment is due 14 days prior to the event date.
- c) Should an order be confirmed within 14 days of the event, full payment is required to confirm the order.
- d) Unless stated in writing, all orders are accepted subject to the Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- e) Payment of deposit, confirmation via email, confirmation via text message or by letter will be taken as acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- f) Should the Customer fail to pay any sum to the Company by the payment due date, without prejudice to any other rights of the Company, the Company may suspend or terminate the contract.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The Marquee Company reserves the right to charge for the cancellation of the event as follows:
- Cancellation more than 12 weeks prior to the event = 25% of hire value (deposit only).
- Cancellation 4-12 weeks prior to the event = 50% of the hire value.
- Cancellation up to 4 weeks prior to the event = 100% of the hire value.
- INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
- a) The Customer must provide insurance cover for all hired items during the hire period.
- b) The Company will not accept responsibility for any equipment belonging to the Customer when stored in, or used with the Company’s equipment. Nor will the Company be responsible for Third Party Liability. The Customer, at their discretion, must cover such insurance.
- c) Insurance cover is strongly recommended should the Customer have to cancel the event.
- d) The Customer will be responsible for the supervision of the Company’s equipment during the hire period.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- a) Quotations are valid for 30 days and subject to availability at the time of booking. The Company reserves the right to withdraw any quotation, prior to acceptance, should the Company incur any substantial increase in costs.
- b) Erection and dismantling of equipment will be carried out by the Company’s labour. This will not be varied other than by agreement with the Company. The period of hire does not include erection or dismantling time.
- c) No alterations, or changes to the Company’s equipment should be carried out by the Customer without prior consent from the Company. Any alterations outside the original agreed contract may be subject to additional charges.
- d) No open cooking is authorized within the marquee unless by written agreement.
- e) The Company reserves the right to charge for cleaning following unauthorized activities and extra labour costs for excessive debris and mess e.g. residue form sticky tape.
- f) The Customer must satisfy themselves that all goods have been delivered as ordered. If this is not the case, they must notify the Company prior to use.
- g) All orders are accepted subject to the site being reasonably level, firm and with reasonable access for motor transport. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that there are no services or other obstructions concealed beneath the surface, likely to hinder or cause injury to the Company’s labour.
- h) The Company will not be held responsible if unable to conform to a hire agreement due to labour dispute, and Act of God, Fire, War, or Civil Disturbance or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.